Monday, 11 May 2009

I fell in love with an orange girl (Brighton Festival 1)


I do love Brighton Festival. But it isn't the official events, the operas (as Malcom Tucker says, they're all vowels), the plays - or even the fringe events that bring big names to town and sold out weeks ago.

No, for me, it's the unexpected gems round every street corner (like this geezer, who I snapped playing his violin on a tightrope outside Pavilion Gardens on Saturday).

Or the busker doing free stand-up in New Road: Mark Gwynne Jones. It's not often you get to see a busker reading his own poems. Mark's included the fabulous 'I fell in love with an orange girl' about someone overdoing it on the sunbed. It made me laugh out loud, and it was free, in the street, on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment