Wednesday, 28 October 2009

New Brighton political club hosts debate this Thursday

A new political club night - billed as a 'high profile cross between The Oxford Union and Have I Got News For You?' throws open its doors on Manchester Stret tomorrow.

The line-up for the first 'Real House of Commons' event boasts Green Party Leader Caroline Lucas, Labour's Simon Burgess, UKIP's Mike Mendoza and councillors Paul Elgood and Maria Caulfield for the Lib-Dems and Tories respectively.

The debate, which takes place at The Latest Musicbar, starts at 7.30pm, with the opening question likely to be 'Who Should Be MP for Brighton?'

What's the betting everyone says 'Me!'

I can't get along as I'll be doing some half-term childcare, but the event promises to be a cracker. I hope it's the first of many, and I find myself on a panel someday soon. Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good idea - if you hear how it went let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to the DWP a living wage is £1.6075 an hour.
    [Workings: 40 x £1.6075 = £64.30 JSA]
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually you are completly wrong taxrefusenik.
    JSA is not a "living wage". it is the minimum by law that a person can live on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BrightonBlueBlogger.
    Semantics.
    "living wage" or "minimum required by law" both are inadequate.
    I was being sarcastic.

    ReplyDelete