Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Tories choose latest Brighton Pavilion candidate at poorly-attended election stunt

Charlotte Vere (pictured) has been selected as the replacement for TV doctor David Bull as the official Tory candidate for Brighton Pavilion by the less than 100 people who turned up to the party's so-called 'open primary' at the Grand Hotel last night.

I feel sorry for her really: she'll be giving up on a life in leafy south-west London (well hopefully she'll be moving to Brighton now) and work with eco-millionaire Zac Goldsmith to become the England's first Tory to lose to a Green MP.

But her heart's clearly in the right place, even if her head hasn't remembered the long-term social damage done to this country by Margaret Thatcher. I've never really understood Tory politicians, if I'm honest. I look forward to meeting her soon.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to meeting you too Ben. I am sure we will bump into each other soon.

    Best wishes,

    Charlotte Vere

    ReplyDelete